Monday 28 September 2020

Identity


I left my phone in the bedroom, and when I went to get it, I saw that I had heaps of missed calls from my sister.  There was a pile of unpaid bills under my name for some phone subscription that I never took out!

It was a case of identity theft!  The days, weeks, and months that followed were gruesome.  How could those people do that?  Why would they steal another person's identity?

I thank God that it finally got resolved after several months of distress.

When I look back and think about it, I feel pity for those people.  It's hard to pray for them after what they did to me, but still, I pray for them and for others like them.

I wish that they would stop and never hurt a single soul again.  That they would be able to find a decent means of earning a living and receive God's help in their times of need.

I pray that they would find their true identity as children of God.  

And realize that they were made in His image and were created to love even in the midst of life's difficulties.

I pray too that they would be instruments of good and not evil.

Life is hard and complicated as it is.

But may we all try to find the goodness in our hearts and seek to love others.

Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment