Sunday 27 September 2020

Christmas


I grew up hearing Christmas countdowns and carols as soon as the month turns into a "ber" month (i.e., September).  It may be way ahead of time, but I have always loved it ü

So whether I'm home or overseas, it's a natural thing for me to find a way to play my favorite Christmas songs even as early as September.

It also creates a much happier spirit in me as I look forward to my usual trip home to spend the season with my family, partner, and friends.

This year though, with all the issues that the pandemic has caused, I was thrown off course.  I won't be able to fly back home for Christmas, so I couldn't somehow bring myself to play my usual Christmas playlist.

Three more days to go and it will be October.  The days are counting and it will be Christmas before I know it.

Yet life must go on.

And I know that I should make the most of everything in the here and now.

That I should keep believing that only good shall come out of all these.

That God has something great in store for all of us despite what's happening.

Yes, my Christmas won't be the same this year.

But I continue to pray.

And look ahead with hope in my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment