Friday 21 August 2020

Dishes


For a moment, I just stared at the dirty dishes in the sink.  

I don't like washing the dishes.  I always find myself struggling to do it.

But I do it anyway.  I just try to console myself with the thought that after the 'pain' of doing the chore, the kitchen will be clean and tidy again ü

And it helps to remember that dirty dishes mean that there's food on the table every day.

There are many other things I hate doing, like waking up very early in the morning to go to work (because I'm not a morning person) or driving long distances or doing the laundry, etc.

After much grappling, I still manage to do them.  Not only because I have to, but also because deep in my heart I know that I am blessed (I have a job that pays the bills, a car that takes me to places, a complete set of eyes and body that lets me drive, clothes to wear, etc).

I believe that we are surrounded by an ocean of blessings and we just have to grab them.  Yes, it may not be always easy but it pays to remind ourselves that after each night comes the light of a new morning.  A new day of blessings.  New moments.  New opportunities to be happy.  

Another chance to be a light to others.

Another chance to be grateful.

And live our best life.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment