Saturday 29 August 2020

Swap


Today, I watched a movie about two brothers magically switching places after one of them made a wish.

It definitely made me reflect on my own life.  Who would I want to swap places with?

A famous person whose life seems perfect?  Someone in my family or a friend who's got everything in their life going perfectly well?

My life has lots of flaws.  And certainly not the best.  But who said life isn't messy?

Flawed or not, messy or not, I would still choose me.  I would still want to live my own life.

Sure, I had done things in the past that I can no longer undo and failed to do some things I should have done.

Sure, my life is so far from perfect and there were heaps of opportunities I have missed and dreams I'm still seeking to fulfill.

But all those things are part of my life and make me who I am.

Tomorrow, another day begins.  My life goes on and I'm still me.

I can choose to be happy or not.

I can choose to keep walking or not.

And I can choose to live my best life or not.

The choice is mine.

For only I can live my own life.






No comments:

Post a Comment