Friday 21 August 2020

Sound of Music


Here comes my fave view of the hills and ocean again!

I just love saying that to myself every time I drive past that beautiful hilly place on my way to the shopping center where I do most of my weekend errands.

I just can't get enough of it especially when the hills are looking very green and the lovely blue ocean in the background is beaming.  Then as I look at the view, I would always hear the Sound of Music playing in my head (haha ΓΌ).

Yes, simple joys like this make my routine weekend drive special.  And I feel so blessed and happy!

Last weekend, it was raining when I drove past.  Visibility wasn't good, and the hills and ocean were looking dull.  But it didn't matter.  Rain or shine, it's a true blessing to be able to experience God in both dreary and bright moments.  In both the ordinary and extraordinary.  In anything.

And my heart just wants to sing every time!

I go to the hills
When my heart is lonely
I know I will hear
What I've heard before
My heart will be blessed,
With the sound of music
And I'll sing once more.
(Excerpt from the song Sound of Music, sung by Julie Andrews)


No comments:

Post a Comment