Sunday 7 June 2020

Only Good!



Washed my hands.  Washed them again.  And again (seems endless!).   Sheesh, still couldn't believe how many times I have to do that now.  My hands are getting drier and drier every day (as sometimes I forget to put hand lotion on).  Blame it on the pandemic.


And with the world going through a lot right now, yes we can't help but blame it on the pandemic.  It's tough to be in a battle with a virus and even tougher to be faced with the uncertainties of the coming days.  We can't help but feel all sorts of different negative emotions and wonder when all these will end.

Despite all these, it helps to keep our faith intact.  Many times, I would find myself feeling anxious and exasperated.  But I try my best to look at the bright side of things and pray.  Count my blessings.  Do something positive.  Reach out to others.

At times, it's hard to do all these but I know that God is working in the background.  He has a great plan in spite of everything.

Remembering His past wonders in my life and focusing on His present blessings, whether huge or small, create a big calm in my heart.  I thank Him that I still have a job even with the current crisis.  Food on the table.  Safe and healthy family, partner and close friends.  Internet access.  Newly-launched website.  Free view of the ocean and blue sky.  Delicious new recipes.  Kindness and love around me.  Family chats.  Happy things.  Free and fun online shows.  Negative covid19 test results.  Freedom to write.  Book sales that help bless the needy.  Time.  Better ways of doing things.  Etcetera.  (Thank You, Lord!)

While washing my hands a couple of minutes ago, I noticed the phrase "Only Good" on my handwash bottle (wow!).  Definitely made me smile as it reminded me that even with all that's happening in the world right now, only good shall come out of it.

Because God is in control.



**************************
Heal Our Land
(Jamie Rivera)

If my people will humble themselves
Humble themselves and pray
If they seek my face and humble themselves
And turn from their wicked ways
I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins
I will hear from heaven and heal their land

Lord, heal our land
Father, heal our land
Hear our cry and turn our nation back to You

Lord, heal our land
Hear us oh, Lord, and heal our land
Forgive our sin and heal our broken land

Lord, we vow our knee, we humble ourselves
Humble ourselves and pray
Lord, we seek Your face and humble ourselves
And turn from my wicked ways

Father in Your mercy, forgive our sins
Father in Your mercy, come heal our land

Lord, heal our land
Father, heal our land
Hear our cry and heal our broken land



No comments:

Post a Comment