Sunday 2 January 2022

That's Christmas To Me


Already more than a week after Christmas, but I'm still writing about 'the most wonderful time of the year'!  I'm still not over it.  I don't want to.  Not ever.

Because people are always in a festive mood.  With a twinkle in their eyes and happy faces.  People are more forgiving.  Kinder.  Nicer.

How I wish it's Christmas every day!

But more than the kindness and joyfulness, I wish we would remember the reason why we have Christmas.  Jesus was born into our world!

Jesus then should be Christmas' main symbol!  We should not leave Him in the manger but carry Him in our festivities and our hearts (not just at Christmastime, but every day).

So the next time we celebrate Christmas, we should not forget that it is Jesus' birthday that we are celebrating (that is why it is a joyous occasion and a great reason to feel loved and give love!).

And that everything else (putting up decorations, giving gifts, spending time with loved ones, partying, etc) is just secondary.

Well, that's Christmas to me ü.


(P.S.  The other day while driving through an intersection, I realized that the traffic lights, which we see every day, are green and red, Christmas colors! How nice!)



No comments:

Post a Comment